Saturday, April 14, 2007

Victory?





I hope that on Monday afternoon I look like this kid. All beat up, Band-Aids and a grin you couldn’t beat off my face.

I hope.

I told the bosses that I had to attend a doctor’s appointment with my husband regarding his recent blood test. It’s partially true! Honest!

I have an appointment with another company that called me regarding a position in purchasing for which they think I will be ideal. I am more than interested. I am desperate.

I have my letter of resignation already typed up. I have my boxing gloves and I have on my dancing shoes. I am ready to give them the one two punch, waltz out of there indignantly and take a friggin’ week off to relearn how to relax.

Meeting face to face with the Wicked Witch of the West will be the hardest part. She lost her own boss this week. I leave, and she’s between a rock and a hard place.

Have I mentioned that I have lost 25 lbs in the last 6 months due to stress? Did I mention that I wake up at 3:00 am every morning and pace the house like a panther in a panic? I hate where I work. I don’t like what I do. I don’t like the surroundings. The people are nice…. But they can be replaced.

So there I sit on the bench outside the principal’s office, all beat up and grinning from ear to ear. I hope it’s worth it.

No comments: