Thursday, January 22, 2009

The New Year







I look around this place I love and think how I have neglected it for so long. Touching the table next to me, my finger draws a line in the dust.



Sad, really that dust must cloud my mind. I guess I could excuse myself with preoccupation. That is not an excuse. I have neglected my blog. I have neglected my thoughts. I’m looking at the cobwebs on the ceiling and thinking I must do something. … ANYTHING !



Forgive me if you are a regular reader. It’s been a tough couple of months. Allow me to appeal to you with this:

Steal gray skies and another threat of snow
Worries gather in my soul
And allow no entry of sunshine



I must fight it
Knowing that it could defeat me
I search for the sun



Only to look up
And see nothing but gray
I have no fight left



Praying the crocus do….

2 comments:

Dominic said...

Spring will revive you.

Plus, Facebook fever will die down. ;)

Karen said...

Praying the crocus do ...

Me, too, Roberta -- me, too!

And I just saw another snow advisory for us! These literal and figurative storms are tooooo much!